11:30 am to 12:00 pm CEST
Event Opens - Registration
12:00 pm to 12:10 pm CEST
Welcome Address - Chair's Opening Remarks
12:10 pm to 12:40 pm CEST
Opening Keynote Panel Session - Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Regulatory Landscape
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused substantial challenges to regulations within the banking sector. To maintain financial stability, regulators all over the world are changing or providing requirements for regulatory processes, governance rules, policies and transactions. In this panel, banking executives from the UK, Europe and the US will explore perspectives on how COVID-19 has impacted:
- The current regulatory landscape
- Implementation of new regulations and policies
- Trade and transaction reporting
- Managing regulatory change
- Brexit and the Capital Markets Union
- Digital Regulatory Reporting
- Potential long-term effects
Managing Director, Head of Regulatory Strategy and Risk, Wholesale Credit & Market Risk
12:40 pm to 1:10 pm CEST
Track 1 - Regulatory Change Management
The process of prioritisation within financial services can be challenging and impacted by numerous aspects, especially in an continually adapting world. In this presentation, Dave will share discussions on:
- What constitutes an effective prioritisation process?
- How do you balance what appears to be a competing agenda of resilience vs. growth?
- How does change risk oversight add value?
- What will regulatory change look like in a post-COVID world?
Track 2 - Digital Innovations & Regulatory Technologies
There is an increasing need to know of what and when regulatory changes are coming, and how they impact the industry. Hear the views of the Global Head of RegTech at BNY Mellon on:
- Changing market pressures, and how regulators are prioritizing the regulation of evolving business models.
- Why firms are struggling to understand and comply with the growing volume of regulations and reporting requirements.
- Why it is crucial for firms to increase their ability to monitor & track complex regulations, updates and interpretations globally, and measure & assess the impact of regulatory changes on the business.
The world of vendor risk management is rapidly changing. Each day brings new security, privacy, and compliance threats when working with third (and fourth, and fifth…) parties. In this session, we’ll share the top 5 emerging trends in vendor risk management that are here to stay – including exchanges, new approaches to data transfers, and business resilience – and what you need to do today to get your program ahead of the curve.
1:10 pm to 1:40 pm CEST
Round Table Discussions
It’s your turn to talk! Reserve your seat and participate in the discussion with the speaker faculty to share insight and discuss best practice:
1:40 pm to 2:00 pm CEST
2:00 pm to 2:05 pm CEST
2:05 pm to 2:35 pm CEST
Panel Session - Digital Regulatory Reporting
After the financial crisis, regulatory reporting has become more complex and costly across the finance industry. The initial and main purpose of digital regulatory reporting is to make regulatory reporting more effective and more efficient for organisations. In this panel session, top industry speakers will debate:
- Pro’s and con’s of digital regulatory reporting
- Overview of the Pilot studies
- The process of becoming digital
- The future of regulatory reporting
2:35 pm to 3:05 pm CEST
Adam will reflect and discuss how regulatory change have challenged asset managers since the financial crisis in 2007/8, what are the common features of those challenges, and how those challenges are going to present themselves in the coming years. Covering the following:
- The different sources of asset management change
- What challenges have there been for asset managers?
- What are the future challenges and how might asset managers meet them?
Not only can regulations be complex and intricate, but cyber risks and security concerns are also complicated enough to welcome new legislations and regulatory precautions. Hear insights from the SVP of Internal Audit of Garanti Bank on:
- Digital Transformation & Conversion of Banking Risks
- Disruptive Technologies & Emerging Risks
- Securing the most valuable asset: Data – Data Breaches & GDPR
- Digital Banking & Cyber Security – Nightmare Scenarios
- Evolving Regulatory Precautions in Covid-19 Pandemic days
The Basel regulations and set of reforms were implemented in order to minimize risks within international banks. Hear from BNP Paribas’ Head of Trade Expertise & Regulatory Affairs delve into:
- Where we stand regarding Basel
- How Basel may affect Trade
- The implications for European Banks if modification is not applied
2:50 pm to 3:20 pm CEST
Brexit and the Capital Markets Union
- In functioning markets demand and supply find ways to meet, removing barriers that are in the way. Why has this not been the case in relation to the scale of capital flows across the EU?
- Do we see Brexit as a threat or an opportunity to progressing the CMU project?
- If you could change one thing to speed up the CMU project what would it be?
Digital Banks – from Traditional to Agile
3:20 pm to 3:40 pm CEST
3:40 pm to 3:45 pm CEST
Chair's Welcome Back
3:45 pm to 4:00 pm CEST
Agile Development of AA/AI driven forward looking at AML Capability
The use of technologies such as AI, is becoming increasingly widespread throughout financial services globally, for a diverse range of incentives towards improving capabilities. In this presentation, the Global Head of Regulatory Operations at ING will discuss:
- What do new incumbents look like?
- Effectively investigating the ownership structure
- Balancing effectiveness with time-efficiency
- In-house solutions Vs external providers – pros and cons
4:00 pm to 4:15 pm CEST
Regulatory Reporting - An Unexpected Technological Journey Presentation
- Introduction to Regulatory Reporting
- Financial Regulatory Reporting
- How did we get here
- Where could we go from here
- Benefits of a Strategic architecture